Note: This trick currently works only on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and so on. Because Android version lower than this don’t have an option to set APN manually in Sprint/US Cellular.
- LG G4 LS991/US991 (Unlocked)
- APN settings for the carrier you’re using right now
- Some brain for sure!
- First of all, go to Settings. You can now see More. Click on it.
- Now when you click on More. You’ll see Mobile Networks. Click on it to see more settings.
- Next you will see APN (Access Point Names) press it to access further settings.
- Press the three dots located at the top right corner of the screen. From the option, select Add APN.
- You should be taken to this screen as shown below. Fill the Name, APN given by your carrier. Rest all should be left as default.
- Here’s come the real trick. Leaving all default come to the APN Type. Now press on it and type in this to access the data services by your carrier. Type this in the field of APN Type without quotation “default,dun,fota” You should type this as it is. Now save the APN settings and restart your phone. You’re now able to access the data services from your carrier other than US Cellular and Sprint.
Note: Don’t mess with the settings inside the no, 3 screenshot specially the Network Mode as in that setting you’ll only get CDMA/LTE or CDMA or LTE options only. Also, when you select any one of them your phone will not be able to recognize your carrier and will display SPRINT LTE.
I blog about the imperfect reality of Blogging, Gadgets and Reviews. I am also the founder of Emad’s Blog, which was started as a personal blog years back and now developing into a brand. Come waste time with me on Facebook and Instagram.